Sunday, May 20, 2007

Icheon Ceramic Village

Last weekend Dan and I caught a bus to Icheon and met up with Adam and Elisa (friends from ICS in Toronto) for a weekend jam-packed with ...pottery! I loved it all. There were various designs and styles ranging from the green polished Goryeo celadon to heavier and more rustic earthenware.
Even though the practical side of me thought that buying any pottery in Korea would be stupid, since it will more than likely crack in the passage home, I couldn't resist buying at least one piece to decorate our new apartment. We ended up getting two vases (a matching pair), as well as some wooden pieces and hanji crafts for possible wedding present (for the many weddings we are missing this summer).
Here are some of the 'twin vases' similar to the ones we got. I have yet to take a photo of our pottery, but it's coming!